CMB ® Points - Getting to 150
All CMB candidates must accumulate 150 points from the following three categories: Professional Experience, Documented Education, and Industry Participation. Candidates who enroll after March 7, 2012 must complete the CMB coursework within three years from the date of enrollment. Once we have your resume and/or transcript update form, we can evaluate your current point status and provide you with a personalized plan to help you complete this step of the program.
Below is a list of the three point categories and the activities/events that will earn points in those categories. You don’t have to worry about tracking these – the CampusMBA Professional Development Transcript will assist you in monitoring your progress through the program. You can request your transcript by emailing Amber Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling her at 202-557-2766.
Professional Experience. This is any employment experience you have acquired, provided it was with a mortgage banking (or industry related) employer. You need a minimum of 25 points in this category and can use a maximum of 75 points toward your 150 point minimum. Here is how your experience is calculated:
- Employment with a MBA member firm (5 points per year)
- Employment with a Nonmember firm (3 points per year)
Documented Education. This category relates to your educational background. You need a minimum of 35 points in this category and can use a maximum of 75 points toward your 150 minimum. Here are ways to accumulate education points:
Industry Participation. CMB Designees are not only well-trained professionals, but they are well-connected professionals. They are active in the industry and consistently network with their peers by attending conventions and serving on committees at the state and national level.
This category relates to your connection with the industry and other professionals. You need a minimum of 25 points in this category and can use a maximum of 75 points toward your 150 point minimum. Here are ways to earn participation points:
- MBA committee member (5 points per year)
(View MBA's Governance and Management)
- MBA Convention or Conference (1 point per meeting day)
- State or Local Convention or Conference (1 point per day)
- State or Local committee participation (5 points per year)
- Non-MBA Convention or Conference – must be industry related (1 point per day)
- Speaker at MBA or CampusMBA event (1 point per day, up to 10 points)
- Subject Matter Expert for CampusMBA - review & edit courses, publications or classroom programs in development (2-10 points) Email corporate training for more details
- Habitat for Humanity (1 point per day, up to 5 points)
Other activities may be approved, please contact email@example.com for submission and approval.
Master CMB Requirements
All candidates must hold the Residential or Commercial CMB for two years before they are eligible to apply for the Master CMB, and meet the following requirements:
- Acquire 200 total CMB points from the following areas (150 points earned during the Residential or Commercial CMB can be applied to the 200 point total).
- Professional experience (35 points minimum/85 points maximum)
- Industry participation (35 points minimum/85 points maximum)
- Education background (35 points minimum/85 points maximum)
- Served on two CMB oral exam panels in the two years since obtaining the Residential or Commercial CMB subsequent to enrollment into the Master CMB program
- Served as a CMB sponsor for two CMB Residential or Commercial candidates in the two years since obtaining the Residential or Commercial CMB subsequent to enrollment into the Master CMB program
- Complete a comprehensive exam to assess the candidate's working knowledge of the opposing areas of expertise
- Pass a half-hour oral exam given by a Master CMB designee panel
- Be recognized at the Opening General Session at both conventions. Your photograph will be displayed and you will be asked to stand as your peers congratulate you on your success!
- Remain in active status by meeting continuing education requirements.